PLY x Absolut Vodka
Call for Artist Proposals
**DEADLINE EXTENDED to FRIDAY 29th JULY**
Art: The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power:
Music: Vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion:
Tech: Technology. See also high-tech, low-tech.
PLY x ABSOLUT VODKA
Art + Music x Tech
Call for Artist Proposals
For our 2016/17 arts programme, we’re once again partnering with Absolut, this time in a quest to uncover emerging talent in the fields of art, music and technology.
We’re inviting artists from across the UK to exhibit their work at PLY over the next 12 months, working with a brief based around the concept of Absolut Mix, the limited edition bottle being launched this summer in association with Pride.
Inspired by the six-colour rainbow of the LGBT Pride flag, the design’s semi-transparent triangles allow the bottle’s colours to overlap in distinct ways when viewed from different angles. This intersecting effect symbolises the connection that is created when various unique individuals mix together.
The brief is simple:
Life with no labels
Artists should consider the use of shape, colour, music and technology – and of course we encourage collaboration to bring these elements together.
From submissions, 8 artists/collectives will be selected by our panel of creative industry experts to exhibit their work at PLY over the next 12 months.
In July 2017, following the shows, 1 artist or group will be awarded the PLY X ABSOLUT Award for Emerging Talent.
The award winner will receive:
- The PLY x ABSOLUT award for Emerging Talent
- A £1000 grant towards their next creative project
- PLY and Absolut goodies
- Proposals must be submitted by Friday 29th July 2016, please include an outline of your exhibition plan (up to 500 words) and relevant visual references. Please send to Beki Rymsza via – feel free to contact Beki with any questions prior to submission
- Artists selected to exhibit will be notified by Wednesday 3rd August
- Exhibition launch dates will be: 25th August, 13th October, 10th November (2016), 12th January, 23rd February, 6th April, 18th May, 29th June (2017)
- PLY will contribute £200 towards the production of each exhibition
- Artists are responsible for installation and take down of work
- Award winner will be selected by the judging panel and notified by 14th July 2017